All enrollment packets with applicable documents must be submitted no later than Friday, December 12, 2014.
(a) In order for an individual to enroll in any basic licensing course the provider must have on file documentation that the individual meets the following standards:
(1) minimum educational requirements:
(2) the individual has been subjected to a search of local, state and national records to disclose any criminal record;
(3) has never been convicted in any court of an offense involving family violence as defined under Chapter 71, Texas Family Code;
(4) has never received a dishonorable or other discharge based on misconduct which bars future military service;
(5) for peace officers and jailers, is not prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle;
(6) for peace officers and jailers, is not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition; and
(7) is a U.S. citizen.
(b) In evaluating whether mitigating circumstances exist, the commission will consider the
(c) Psychological and physical examination requirements:
(d) The enrollment standards established in this section do not preclude the provider from establishing additional requirements or standards for enrollment.
(e) The effective date of this section is February 1, 2014.
For the purposes of this section, Eastfield College Criminal Justice Training Center will construe, in accordance with the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education, any court-ordered community supervision, probation or conviction for a criminal offense to be its closest equivalent under the Texas Penal Code classification of offenses if the offense arose from another penal provision of Texas law, or a penal provision of any other state, federal, military or foreign jurisdiction. A classification of an offense as a felony at the time of conviction will never be changed because Texas law has changed or because the offense would not be a felony under current Texas law.
Eastfield College Criminal Justice Training Center programs are designed in compliance with (TCOLE) Commission standards to permit the student the best opportunity for enrollment, certification and licensing.
The first step is to download an Eastfield College Academy Enrollment packet. Once you have downloaded the packet, follow the instructions and complete all other informational needs requested in the packet. Then download and complete the Academy Enrollment Forms (Adobe Reader Recommended). Please return the completed forms to the W building Room 101.
For more information call 972-391-1084, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org