There are two teaching/training rooms located in L-108 that can be reserved for use by an academic class or special training sessions for hands-on computerized instructions. The room reservations are monitored through departmental calendars created in Outlook for L-108C and L-108D. Individuals wishing to reserve a room should submit the Room Reservation Form to EFCCLab@dcccd.edu. An email will be sent confirming the request once the reservation is made.
Due to New Student Orientation (NSO), reservations are not available during the months of August and January.
Teaching/training rooms configuration
1 laser printer, seats 32 attendees, a workstation for the presenter which includes a projector, a pull down screen, Apple TV and pay-for-print.
1 laser printer, seats 24 attendees, a workstation for the presenter which includes a projector, a pull down screen, a document camera and pay-for-print.
Room Usage Guidelines
- The open lab area cannot be reserved while classes are in session (Fall, Spring and Summer) semesters.
- Teaching/training rooms will be accessible thirty (30) minutes before appointment.
- Except for special circumstances, all reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Each room is available on a first come, first-served basis.
- Due to the high demands of reservation requests, faculty members will not be able to occupy the rooms for the entire semester, weekly class meetings or reserved concurrently in a four weeks period.
- Classes must be supervised at all times, faculty members must remain with his/her class for the entire duration of the reservation. Students are not allowed to remain once a class has ended.
- Failure to cancel a reservation hinders the opportunity for another event, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible. After 3 non-cancellation, you will not be allowed to reserve a room for a full semester.
- Activities in L-108C /L-108D are the responsibility of the trainer/faculty member during the requested time.
- Students are not allowed to make reservations nor allowed to bring food and drinks into the teaching/training rooms.
- Teaching/training rooms are only available for use during normal work hours. Requests will not be granted for non-operational hours.
- All users must create an individual pay-for-print account or have a division account on file
- Food is only allowed in the Computer Center’s staff workroom and the area must be cleaned after your event. Students are not allowed in the staff’s workroom
- As a courtesy to others, keep noise level to a minimum and door closed.
Rooms are to be left in good condition for the next class/training:
- In the event of an emergency or drill, please follow Eastfield’s emergency procedures.
Dispose of all signs, papers, and waste from your event/class.
Turn off multimedia projector and computer
Replace chairs neatly under table
Turn off lights
Erase and clean dry erase board if used
Put any furniture moved back into it original location