November - March 2015
The LFI Committee will collect and judge its entries.
March 11, 2015
Deadline for submissions of entries is March 11, 2015.
Send entries to:
Rufel Ramos, LFI Campus Coordinator
Arts & Communications Division
March 31, 2015
All winners of the competition will be announced. All of the winning entries will be published in the Sigma Kappa Delta-sponsored student literary journal The Eclectic. First place entries will be submitted to the DCCCD competition, hosted by Cedar Valley College. First place DCCCD entries will be submitted to the national competition, also hosted by Cedar Valley, Lancaster TX.
Contestant must be a Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 student enrolled for credit in Eastfield College. Campus coordinator must verify academic enrollment. Entries must be original works written during the student’s enrollment in credit courses at the college.
I. Enrollment Verification:
II. Entries must be submitted in TWO forms:
A cover page for each entry must include:
- Author’s name
- Home address and phone number
- Institution: Eastfield College
- Title of entry
- Author’s ID# AND EFC-genre: for example,
0123456 EFC-poem, EFC-essay, EFC-play, or EFC-fiction
Include in upper right corner of each entry page:
- Title of entry
- Author’s ID# AND EFC-genre
- Page number
Maximum Length Requirements:
- Poem must not exceed 67 lines.
- Personal essay must not exceed 2,500 words.
- One-Act play must not exceed 3,500 words, including stage directions/production notes.
- Fiction must not exceed 3,500 words
In each category, the judge is a faculty member. Judges’ decisions are final.
Poetry . . . . . . . To Be Announced
Fiction . . . . . . To Be Announced
Essay . . . . . . . . To Be Announced
One-Act Play . . To Be Announced
• Grand Prize for each category: $100, Publication, and Advancement to District-level Competition
• 2nd, 3rd, Honorable Mention: Publication
If you need disability accommodations in order to participate in this event, please contact the Disability Services Office, C237, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 972-860-8348, at least one week in advance.
Author’s name must not appear on any page of the entry itself. The official League for Innovation Student Literary Competition Entry Form must be completed, signed by the student, and enclosed with each entry.