To promote a positive learning environment, Eastfield College Library requests that all patrons abide by these Guidelines. Disruptive or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in Campus Police intervention. The library adheres to the DCCCD Student Code of Conduct and the Computer Use Policy as explained on the DCCCD Home Page. Note: Minors are defined as anyone under the age of 18. Legal guardians are defined as any adult who is physically, legally, and financially responsible in the care of minors.
- Respect others. Users shall not behave in any manner that disturbs others or disrupt the normal operation of the library.
- Noise levels shall be kept to normal levels. Audio equipment shall not be audible to others in all common areas. Quiet Zone areas necessitate that all noise levels and conversations are kept to a minimum.
- Food and drink are welcome in all areas, except in individual computer stations. Water in a closed container only is acceptable in computer work stations.
- Minors under the age of 18 who are currently enrolled or attending organized scheduled campus activities may access computers for educational and research purposes only. Library staff reserves the right to require proof of enrollment or Current ID. Access to computer areas is prohibited to all other minors, and adults accompanied by minors who shall abide by Library Guidelines for Minors.
- Users are solely responsible for personal items. The library assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items. See Campus Police for lost items.
- Soliciting, petitioning, or canvassing is not allowed.
- Library Staff are authorized to inspect your property as you leave the library.
- Photo ID is required to use materials in the library: Eastfield ID, DCCCD ID, and Driver's license.
- Materials must be returned in the same condition as checked out. Damaged items may result in a replacement cost and processing fee.
- Display of explicit sexual images and overt sexual conduct is prohibited.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines, or directions of Library Staff, acting in the performance of their duties is a direct violation of the Student Code of Ethnics. (DCCCD Student Code of Conduct, Responsibility 15)