EASTFIELD COLLEGE INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL RULES 2015
NCAA RULES ARE USED WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS:
- 4 players per roster maximum: (co-ed teams are allowed)
- Each game will be allotted 20 minutes to complete or the first team that scores 21 points. At the conclusion of the 20 minute mark, if the score is even, then the game will be a draw.
- Substitutions can take place after any dead ball situation even though the clock does not stop. Only team members and coaches are allowed on the court. All spectators must be in the bleachers. Student ID cards will be required for entrance to the gym.
- Teams must have a minimum of two players to start and continue a game (no less than two players or game will be forfeited).
- In case of a tie game, a one-minute overtime period will be played during playoffs only. A regular season tie game will record as a tie.
- All official decisions on the floor are final in regards to official judgment calls. PERIOD!
- Protests must be made to the Intramural Coordinator within 24 hours of game time. The Intramural Coordinator will make a final decision on all protests. Protests can only be filed on rule interpretations and not on judgment calls. All protests must be e-mailed or they will not be reviewed.
- Fighting by any player is an automatic disqualification from the game. Any fighting or physical violence will be treated as an assault crime and referred to the Campus Police for further investigation. Players involved will have their names and ID #'s sent to the Campus Dean responsible for student conduct. Decisions on college suspension or probation will be decided by the appropriate administrator.
- Arguing with an official is a technical foul and when continued is cause for disqualification. Ejection from a game carries an automatic one game suspension.
- To be eligible to play you must be on your team online roster and must read and sign legibly a player contract. No more than a max of four players per roster submitted by date specified http://eastfieldcollege.edu/Assets/oser/intramural-sports/3v3IntramuralBasketballRegistration.pdf and player contracts signed before your team's 1st league game. No current varsity basketball players will be allowed to participate. NOTE: All players must show a valid student ID card to prove eligibility status.
- Profane language, taunting, baiting or any other verbal harassment is an automatic technical foul. All technicals are two shot fouls. A player is automatically ejected when he receives two technicals. The game will be forfeited when one team receives a total of three technical fouls. NOTE: Verbal misconduct by players or spectators will not be tolerated no matter the intent or direction of it. Using vulgarity, ridiculing, pointing a finger, making obscene gestures or any manner of taunting or baiting (trash talking) an opponent does a great disservice to our Intramural Program and such infractions will be penalized.
- Player attire (NCAA specified) - no jewelry (including rings, necklaces, & earrings) or head accessories will be allowed. All players must wear their own same color team jerseys.
- Jump ball will take place at the start of the game. Alternating possession will be used thereafter and established by the scorekeeper.
- A disqualified player may not play in another Intramural game until he is reinstated by the Intramural Coordinator. To be reinstated, the ejected player must meet with the Intramural Coordinator to discuss Intramural policy. Upon reinstatement, if a player is ejected from another Intramural contest, he or she will be banned from all Intramural activities for the remainder of the academic year. Also, the players name and ID# will be forwarded to the proper college authorities for further investigation into school policy violations. All decisions on school suspension and probation will be decided by the Athletic Director.
- Game and warm up balls will be provided. Please place all warm up balls on the ball rack once the game begins.
- Recreation league rules - girls score double on all points (free throws = 2 points, field goals = 2)
- Forfeits - if a team does not have enough players to start a game 10 min. after the scheduled starting time, the game will be forfeited. Also, the opposing team will receive 2 points for every minute late. On a second forfeited game, the team will be dropped from the league.