Get Started in the Substance Abuse Counseling Program

How to Get Started

Complete the admissions process and meet with an academic advisor at Eastfield College.


Dallas County residents pay $177 per three-hour class — that is $59 per credit hour, or just $708 for a full-semester load of 12 credit hours.

Compare that to what you’d pay elsewhere! See our tuition rates for tuition according to your place of residency.

Rising Star Program

If you are a Dallas County high school graduating senior, you may qualify for Rising Star funds to help pay for this program. The Rising Star program offers academic support services and up to $4,000 for tuition and books, if you have established financial need.

Courses Offered (Curriculum)

Find out more about degrees and certificates in Social Work and Substance Abuse Counseling.

Accreditation and Affiliations

Find out more about accreditation and affiliations.

Related Programs

Check out other health care programs.

Other Degree and Certificate Options

See a chart of degree plans by college or visit the credit programs home page.

Faculty Profiles

Faculty members have relevant degrees as well as field experience, so they can relate to the challenges you face at work. Instructors work with you one-on-one, encouraging you and helping you to succeed in school and on the job.

See profiles of some of our Substance Abuse Counseling and Social Work faculty.

Transfer Information

Substance Abuse Counseling and Social Work courses are designed for direct entry into the workforce. However, if you are interested in earning a degree at a four-year institution, please visit the Transfer Services website for guidance on the transfer process.

Many of our students have successfully transferred to earn bachelor’s degrees and higher in social work and human services programs at four-year institutions such as UNT, UNT Dallas, TWU, Texas A&M University-Commerce and UTA.

Over and over, Eastfield graduates comment that the education they received in our programs rival that of bachelor’s and master’s programs to which they transferred.

Links to Additional Information

See links to professional organizations and more information.

Contact Us

If you have questions about the Substance Abuse Counseling or Social Work programs that aren’t answered on our website, please feel free to contact us.