The following process will be used to resolve situations in which a student is seeking a resolution to a college-related issue.
As an Eastfield College student, you are expected to know your rights and responsibilities as outlined in the student code of conduct*. You must also understand policies, learning objectives/outcomes, grading criteria, and your role/responsibilities as outlined in course syllabi. Please ensure that you have read and clearly understand the student code of conduct and/or course syllabus prior to expressing your concern.
Contact the appropriate college administrator or your instructor to arrange a meeting, including anagreed upon time and location.
To prepare for meeting with the appropriate college official or your instructor,please assemble the following documents:
- course syllabus
- any relevant email exchanges
- homework or other assignments in question
- related tests
- Prior to the meeting, make notes about or write out your concern. Include your proposed solutions and/or the outcome you seek.
- Arrive at the meeting location on time
- Present the relevant documentation and share your proposed solutions and/or the outcome you seek.
- Listen openly to the response and take notes as appropriate.
- Express appreciation to the college administrator or to your instructor for taking time to hear your concern.