To provide persons with disabilities a means to exit the library while ensuring library security.
- The elevator is not an exit.
- All library visitors are welcomed and encouraged to use the elevator or stairs in the hall of the L building.
- The library elevator may be opened by library staff for persons with a disability.
- The person wishing to exit the library via the library elevator must pass through the security gates prior to gaining access to the elevator.
- Persons accompanying a disabled patron in the library may not use the elevator unless that person is a service attendant. Said person must pass through the security gates prior to gaining access to the elevator.
Exceptions may be made by library staff to allow current faculty, staff or delivery personnel to exit via the elevator.